Your blog requires commitment, maintenance and constant upkeep, or else it will grow stale and (worse yet) unnoticed. Here are a few tips to get you going when you encounter writer's block.
- Write a list about anything. This is probably the easiest "go-to" move for a blogger. A numbered list is easy for the writer to get up on the screen (one sentence or two each and move on) - and it's also easy on the readers' eyes. I'm writing a list right now!
- Review whatever book you're currently reading.
- Spice up your blog with video content. It's cheap and easy to grab short snippets of video with a Flip Cam and embed the content in your blog. This makes your blog more dynamic, and suddenly you're showing instead of writing.
- Scan the headlines and start writing. It never hurts to be relevant and topical on your blog. Write about how the current economy is impacting your business.
- Go out and interview someone. Make your post about other people, not just you.
- Meet an immediate need with a quick howto tutorial. For instance, lots of bloggers get writer's block - including myself - hence, this post was created.
That should be enough to get you started in a pinch, but just in case, here are over 100 more ideas to kick-start your blogging habits