Make my life easier
Steps to get a $20 rebate from Bed, Bath and Beyond:
- Remember to ask for rebate form
- Remember to ask for duplicate receipt
- Fill out name, address, phone, etc. etc. on form
- Get serial number of coffeemaker off the box
- Write down serial number in the little boxes
- Cut UPC code out of the box (which negates returning it)
- Figure out which Mr. Coffee is the right box to check
- Find envelope
- Put form, receipt and UPC code in envelope and seal
- Find stamp
- Mail envelope
Steps to get a $50 rebate from Apple:
- Take the card when the Apple guy offers it to you
- Log onto www.apple.com/promo
- Click on Submit a Rebate
- Let your autofill complete the name, address section
- Type in your receipt number
- Click done
But of course...this isn't really a post about Apple products. It's about making things easier and less complicated. Think about the hoops you make customers jump through.
- Who do those hoops serve?
- Is there a better, faster, easier, more efficient, way?
- Could you do it for them?
- How could technology help?
What tasks, chores, or necessary evils could you turn into moments your fans can rave about? Every business has at least one. What's yours?