How was your marketing in 2013?
2014. So many opportunities.
But before we think about that, we need to make the time to look back on the last 12 months.
Pull out your marketing plan for ’13. If you didn't have one, at least think through your marketing efforts.
- What actually got done?
- What worked?
- Did you try to do too much and stretch yourself too thin?
- Did you start off great but as soon as you got busy, your marketing efforts died on the vine?
- Are you guilty of trying something once or twice and then declaring it a failure without giving it the time and room to bloom?
- What never got off the ground? Is it still a viable idea or has its time passed?
- What is the one thing that you’d planned on doing that you most regret not getting to? Is the opportunity still there?
Overall, what letter grade would you give your marketing efforts this year?
- Did you meet your own objectives?
- Did you protect your brand?
- Did you build in marketing efforts that continued no matter how busy or overcommitted you became?
Use the following for criteria: effectiveness, consistency, frequency, and ROI. Then, average the grades. How’d you do?
Don’t get discouraged if you couldn’t give yourself an A or even a passing grade. The good news is, there is time to make an improvement as we look the new year. But I'm betting there are some insights on how you should move forward based on last year's performance.
Why not get out of the gate in the right direction by taking a glance backwards?